Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina

Submit complaints regarding services provided to children by state agencies (do not use this link to report allegations of child abuse or neglect).

Report all cases of abuse or neglect directly to DSS by calling 1-888-CARE4US.

Submit a Complaint

Do you have a complaint regarding services being provided to a child by a state agency? Please submit your complaint here to the South Carolina Department of Children's Advocacy (DCA) by calling the 800 number or submitting your complaint using the link below for electronic submission. 

Submit a Complaint: Electronic Submission 

Click here to submit a complaint. 

This department (DCA) accepts complaints related to the following nine state government agencies:

  • Department of Social Services
  • Department of Mental Health
  • Department of Juvenile Justice
  • Department of Health and Environmental Control
  • Department of Health and Human Services
  • Department of Disabilities and Special Needs
  • John de la Howe School
  • School for the Deaf and the Blind
  • Wil Lou Gray Opportunity School

During times of health emergencies or natural disasters, please submit requests through electronic submission or via email at

Toll-free Number


* Please report all cases of abuse or neglect directly to DSS. 

Advocacy. Accountability. Service.

S.C. Department of Children's Advocacy 

1205 Pendleton Street, Suite 471A

Columbia, SC 29201

Office: 803-734-3176

Toll Free Complaint Line: 1-800-206-1957